Purpose: To integrate and build on basic concepts in support of critical thinking.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Correlate lifestyle, environmental, and other influences with changes in levels of wellness. (POs 1 and 7)
CO 2: Explain the pathophysiologic processes of select health conditions. (PO 1)
CO 3: Predict clinical manifestations and complications for select disease processes. (POs 1 and 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 50 points
Preparing the assignment
· Select a pathophysiology concept (i.e., infection, mobility, perfusion, tissue integrity, cognition, intracranial regulation, hormonal regulation, glucose regulation, fluid and electrolytes, acid-base balance, cellular regulation, nutrition, gas exchange, pain, immunity, inflammation, elimination, and thermoregulation) for which you have not previously completed an active learning template (ALT). Some examples include but are not limited to
· Complete the three areas of the template to describe the pathophysiologic changes that occur within the body and what care the nurse may provide for clients experiencing the changes.
· Select a disease process (i.e., myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular accident, seizure, small bowel obstruction) from the current organ system you are studying, for which you have not previously completed an ALT.
· Complete the top three boxes, the Assessment, and Safety Concerns area of the form.
· Be prepared to submit, present and/or teach this concept to others, as directed by your instructor.
· In addition, complete as much of the Patient Centered Care area as you are able based on your own research and/or collaboration with your peers or faculty.
· Create a 1-page analysis describing how the selected Basic Concept ALT relates to the selected Systems Disorder ALT.
· Be prepared to present and/or submit your paper, as directed by your instructor.
For writing assistance, visit the Writing Center.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully understand the concepts learned in the review module.